Thursday, February 14, 2019

Wrapping it up!

That's just about enough snow and ice to last me about 5 years.  It's made for good conversation and entertainment.  Just reading the Snoqualmie Ridge Community page on Facebook has been hilarious. People have been trapped inside too long - not me.  I love it.  Children have been out of school too long, including tomorrow.  Wnter Break was already next week, so they're out until the 25th.

Most of the roads are cleared, and the temps in the 40s melted a lot, but we're already freezing again tonight with rain coming up.

 And my brother sent this from Birmingham.



When I woke up this morning, I went to the balcony door and opened it, and you'd think it was the first day of spring.  A balmy 40 degrees with a mild wind and clear skies.  I just took a deep breath and enjoyed it.  The rain came midday along with lower temps, and I don't still want to spend a bit of time outside.

No mail again today.  I probably have really important things at the post office.


This is right outside my sewing room window, so I could watch the melting progress while I sewed.



I was hoping it would fall all at one time, but so far it's just gradually disappearing.  This was a welcome sight late yesterday.


Ryan came over again and shoveled off my porch and walk and helped some of the neighbors as well as digging out Elise's car where the plow had dumped feet of snow on it..  The apartment people haven't done a really good job of handling this, in my opinion, or maybe it just got to be too much.  I'm not sure anyone could have foreseen what a big deal this was.  North Bend has National Guard trucks helping people there.

I took a few pictures from the Ridge page.


A unicorn and a dinosaur went to the drive up window at Starbucks but were unable to be served because their arms were too short.  So, they just went in.



There are several videos of this, and the unicorn had a really hard time staying upright.  She kept falling on her back and not being able to get up.

Like this little one.  She was a trooper about playing with the rest of the family, but she spent a good bit of time falling down and even swimming in the snow once.  Those crazy layers of clothes don't help a toddler's balance either.






 

I gave Graysen a Lite-Brite for her birthday yesterday and didn't know how it would be received.  It's a lot smaller than the old ones, but they both loved it.  They even worked together on drawing a unicorn.




It blinks too.


Julie came over with Graysen and tried on her new clothes.  I didn't get a picture of her with her hair combed and her dress on, but I did get this.


I'm on a roll with this doll clothes making.  Graysen is making requests faster than I can sew though, and it's turning into designing clothes for herself.  "Mimi, can you make me a black dress with a red anchor on the top and two red heart pockets on the skirt?"  Hmmm.  Even if I could ...

No comments:

Post a Comment