Friday, February 8, 2019

Waiting ...


Layla is all prepared for Snopocalypse 2019.  She has 30 cans of Fancy Feast Classic Gravy in many flavors, several soft and warm places to sleep, and her friend Jack is coming in a few minutes to stay until tomorrow.  I don't think she'll remember him since the last time he came was her first week here.  But she adored him then.


I don't think the feeling was mutual.  But we'll just have to see.

The girls got off to school this morning without much fanfare but will be home by noon since all the schools are closing early.

The sleepover went well last night, but for some reason, I'm more tired than usual.  We ate pizza, played games, read books, drew and painted a lot, ran wild with Layla, had a bath and another snack and watched two episodes of Calico Critters on Netflix.  I put their sleeping bags next to my bed and hoped they would stay in them.  Katherine was asleep before I could start their bedtime reading, just conked out.  But Graysen listened to 3 chapters of Ramona the Pest and still was wide awake.  Me - not so much.  I asked her if she wanted to rock a few minutes, and she jumped up into my lap with those long legs hanging down and just snuggled so sweetly.  It took her about 3 minutes of rocking to fall asleep, and they both slept fine all night.

Katherine woke up at 5:30 whining that Graysen had stolen her pillow and wanted to get in bed with me, so I let her, and I finally had to wake them up at 7:30 for bacon and yellow eggs and blueberries.

It's hard to get breakfast made and supervise their dressing and pack lunches and brush teeth and redirect thinking 20 times.  I know I once did all this every morning, but I was so much younger.

Ryan and I have to decide if they'll sleep over again tonight.  The snow is supposed to start really hard about 3:00 and drop a couple of inches an hour for the first 3 hours and then snow off and on all night.  It all depends on whether Ryan wants to come get them tomorrow, because I may not be up for a 3-night sleepover.

The sun is shining brightly now, and it's 33 degrees.

No comments:

Post a Comment