Thursday, February 7, 2019

It's Not Funny Any More


So, I've been trapped here for days and still am not allowed to go outside.  Elise drove yesterday but says there's ice packed around my car, and it's not safe to venture out in the parking lot.  She parks on the street, and the walks are clear.

Emily called all cheerful and encouraging on her way to the airport this morning.  She's going to New Orleans, so she can be carefree.  In the meantime, I'm still waiting to hear how I'm going to get the girls home from school today if Ryan is working.  Elise has a dental appointment in Bellevue at 3:00, so she's no help.  

I've ordered the latest in footwear, and they should be here tomorrow.

Product image for Black


I normally wouldn't bother for one or two days a year, but as if this week wasn't bad enough, we're expecting two more worse storms in the next two weeks.  

I read on the community page that the local ER has had about 15 broken wrists, some brain bleeds, and many other ice-related injuries, not to mention all the wrecks that have happened already, including one this morning in North Bend.

I don't want any more snow days because the girls will end up not even having a summer.  It seems funny to think about summer now.

I think I'm pretty positive about everything - or trying to be - but it's getting hard lately!

On a good note, sleepover is still on for tonight, and we have lots of food and activities planned.  The next snow is supposed to begin tomorrow around 3 PM and be a big storm, so Ryan just might take the girls home Friday afternoon.  In addition to all this stress, I have Emily's flight into Seattle Sunday to worry about and her getting from the airport home.  

Deep breaths.  I'm sure worse things have happened, and it will be okay.




No way I'm getting out there on that slip-and-slide on foot.


 The sunlight is encouraging though!


Okaaay.  Exhale.  Ryan is working at home today and can pick up the girls and will look at freeing up my car for me.  So, yay for that.

I just noticed this when I went to the window.  Looks like Ken is having a good time.


I see that shoes were not among the things that have survived those 25 years in various attics.  Mike took a lot of pleasure in vacuuming up Barbie shoes though.

No comments:

Post a Comment