Wednesday, November 1, 2017

Now November

And it looks like the bears are STILL roaming.



There have been so many bear sightings this fall in and around town, but this one is especially scary because this is the crosswalk the kids and I take when we walk back and forth between houses.

When Mike and I would take the small lane near here, he would always mention bears and bobcats to me, relishing my reaction.  Looks like he may have been right.  He would show me the packed-down grass and tell me that a bear had been sleeping there.  I kind of didn't believe him, but I always make sure we are noisy when we go down that path so we don't get surprised.  I think it's time for them to go to sleep.  Maybe this rain that started this morning will make them sleepy.

Halloween Day was really pretty and sunny but cold.  Elise and I went over to see the girls in their costumes but didn't go trick-or-treating with them this year because they were going to drive to meet friends.  I'm waiting for Emily to send me some pictures since I'm still waiting on a new phone and using a temporary one.

We did attend the Halloween parade and party at Rooster Valley last Friday though, and there was so much cuteness.  These are the only pictures we have of that.

They really got into the spirit of being cats and loved the face-painting and ears.  They also liked saying "Meow" a lot and licking their paws.



Here are some of Graysen's friends.

Brooklyn, the pinkest cowgirl I've ever seen - pink, of course.


Stella was a skeleton princess and was pretty spooky in person.


Sweet Finley as Ariel.


Just got this one from last night.



This year, Graysen and Katherine both are having so much fun with friends.  It's cute to see Graysen and her friends greeting each other by name and giving hugs and saying, "I like your (whatever)."  Even Kate will talk about who she played with at school - either Noah, Nora, or Noelle - I can never be sure.  They're growing up so fast.  She's finally stopped being sad or crying when we drop her off and is just a wild child when we pick her up.  I love to see the big hug she gives Graysen when she sees us in the afternoon.

That rain sounds pretty hard.  I guess this will be the day to get my new rain boots out.  I see a lot of reading by the fire this week for Elise and me.  I'm checking out stacks of books every week and really enjoying reading again.  For a change, I've found a bunch of good ones and have about 20 on hold at the library.  A couple of weeks ago, I had 8 come in at the same time, and every one of them has been good.

The girls like to come to the apartment after school, and we enjoy that a lot.  After they get through eating and eating, they will play for a long time in the playroom which is now Elise's bedroom (she's generous).  Then they get to "watch somepin".  We have always liked the book, "If You Give a Mouse a Cookie," and now Netflix (or Amazon Prime - can't remember) has several animated shows with the mouse that they love.  That mouse exhausts me though with his demands.  Paw Patrol and Pocoyo are still their favorites though.

I've put it off long enough.  It's time to get wet.

Adding some really sweet pictures.  My brother sent me these from the nursing home.  I have a really sweet niece Robin, and she spends a lot of time doing Mama's nails and hair.  Love her!




No comments:

Post a Comment