Sunday, June 25, 2017

July Dress

Graysen is getting all excited about the 4th of July and learning about where she lives.  She knows she lives on earth and in the United States and Washington.  We're talking about the birthday of the United States, and she loves birthdays.  She wants to decorate her bike and ride in the parade this year instead of watching it.

This is the dress that I worked on very nervously.  It was such a pretty dress, and it would take only one slip-up to ruin it.  I did my best centering it and pinning and spraying a lot since it's lined.



I'm really proud of the way it turned out.  I still have to trim and wash off my markings and put on a backing for comfort, but one more success, and I feel a little bit more confidence to get back sewing.



I'm not supposed to mention that there is a section of the blue with no stars for some reason - but I did it anyway.  The back is really sweet too,


No comments:

Post a Comment