Thursday, June 23, 2016

Rainy Day in June

Thank goodness we like cozy days like today - 62 degrees and cloudy at 4:00.  

 The birds have really been flocking to the bird feeder since Mike put the saucer underneath.  Sometimes there are 3 or 4 at a time eating, riding, and waiting their turns.  Graysen says it looks like a carris wheel (carousel/ferris wheel).



The morning was spent playing with the girls, and while Mike read Graysen stories, I fed Katherine and rocked her to sleep for her morning nap.  I can hardly stand to put her in her crib when she goes to sleep; I just want to sit and hold her and smell that sweet baby smell.

Graysen came to the apartment for the afternoon, and we found plenty to do.

We did some letter tracing and "school things" for a little while and then got out the Lego Friends.

I know these are too small for a 3-year-old - they're mainly for me - but we do have such fun with them.  As long as Katherine is not around, we'll be fine with them.



I got a bunny hutch for the first one and then a cat grooming set for the second.  The bunny and cat are already close friends and are sharing teeny-tiny bows and brushes.









We also love these little Disney collectibles - Tsum Tsum, I think.  The small one fits right in with the Lego characters, and the large and medium ones are the "Mama and Daddy."







 Lots of pictures of her playing.  She just makes up the funniest scenes for them, and I love to hear her.


















She doesn't really like to nap over here - or anywhere - but since Ryan and Emily are having friends over tonight, I insisted she at least try.  She played with her magnetic doll and clothes for awhile.  Such a good idea - no need for cutting or paper clothes that slip off - just snap them right on.  These are by Melissa and Doug.





She says this outfit is "dorable."



We found some of her mom's books in the garage that she's enjoying.



I told her I would check on her in 5 minutes, but I heard nothing for 15 minutes and then checked.

Sweet girl.


No comments:

Post a Comment