Tuesday, February 2, 2016

Sewing Room

Where??


When we moved in, I had the movers place all boxes in this room that would fit so I could go through them on my own.  It took over 2 weeks to get non-sewing boxes out.  Ryan took down 2 boxes last night, and we're all sewing/knitting/crocheting/embroidering/quilting/ and whatever else might come along.

Kind of scary!

My storage units are in Montana today and will be here day after tomorrow if all goes well.  This wall is all ready for shelves and cubes.


 I spent the last 2 days folding some of the fabric to uniform sizes so I can get it onto the shelves right away.


I'll do a lot of changing around and tweaking and possibly throwing away before I settle.  We don't want to put much on the walls, like heavy shelves or cabinets, but I think I will get a pegboard to hang.  I can't wait until I can walk in here and sit down at the sewing machine or embroidery machine and know where things are again.  I do know the machines and serger made it, but I haven't found the iron yet.  I'm afraid it's pretty deep in that closet.



Mike is driving the last truck from Alabama today and has been lucky (and smart) about the weather.  He's had Ryan, Alan, and Kathy all keeping a close eye on the weather and letting him know the latest.  He got to Sioux Falls late yesterday afternoon and had supper with Millie and Al, which is always a nice break from the traveling.  Reports of a blizzard on the way to SD were everywhere, and that was something to try to avoid.  He had planned to spend the night there if necessary, but he was up at 4:40 this morning and headed west - just ahead of the blizzard, which I hear came to pass!  Not that it's been easy though.  There is plenty of snow and signs warning about black ice and for people to take their vehicles off cruise control.  He says the sun is blinding.

He texted this picture and probably shouldn't have been taking pictures.  Not sure if it's Wyoming or Montana.



Ryan made him a hotel reservation in Laurel, MT, I think, and after that, he will have less than 12 hours to go - in 2 days.  It will be wonderful to get all that behind us with nothing left in Alabama except friends and relatives!  Just adding that he's in the hotel and looking forward to only 2 more short days of travel.

I walked over to Emily and Ryan's this morning and found Graysen "cleaning up" her toys and Katherine just waking up.  It was just a perfect morning.  We played various things involving Prince Charming and Cinderella and pigs and rabbits.  Graysen got to watch one Nature Cat show, all about Groundhog Day and Valentine's Day.  I tried to interest her in a walk, but she was not wanting to do that.  She probably realized she would have to change out of her pajamas and tutu and pink boots.  Those worked perfectly for sitting on the deck in the sunshine, which came so gloriously over the rooftops.  Katherine was perfect just rocking and enjoying the outside, and Graysen and I talked about the summer and what we would do, like swimming and lemonade and picnics and swinging at the park.  Such excitement!  We have a little time before summer though.

I forgot I had my camera in my bag until after Katherine was asleep.  I wish I could have taken a picture of that sweet sleeping baby.  Graysen went to the grocery store with Ryan, so I just walked around the house and took some pictures at random.  I guess that black spot on my pictures must be a flaw on the lens.  I've cleaned it, but it's still there.







 When she got back, she had a delicious lunch of meat loaf, spaghetti, and mashed potatoes.  Could anything be messier?









 I walked home enjoying the view and the fresh air, even though it was a little chilly with no sunshine.


These little garden plots will be fun to watch as their owners start making things grow.  Not much there except kale possibly.  I think that's what the green plant is.



Home sweet alley on garbage day.  Looks like the working people live at this end and we seniors at the other.


The view from our balcony today.  Too cold to linger though.


It was nice to get back to the warm apartment and have lunch by the fire.  Nothing to do today except make a grocery list and work on that sewing room.  Naps by the fire are good, and a cup of coffee might be in order too.


No comments:

Post a Comment