Thursday, January 28, 2016

Profitable Day

I love days like this, even though we both woke up in the middle of the night and couldn't sleep.  I finally did and woke up groggy and blah.  I didn't even drink any coffee or eat breakfast before we went over to babysit, but I did get a cup of coffee over there.

It was a fun morning.  I took a catalog of toys - most of them out of my budget but fun to look at - called Magic Cabin Toys.  I was trying to get some ideas of a special gift for Graysen's birthday in a couple of weeks - and believe me, I did.  She didn't realize it was things she could have but treated it like a picture book, and every page was met with ooohs and ahhs.  She had little stories and questions about everything on every page, and we spent a LONG time looking at it.

Kate was pleasant and cuddly and ate lots of cereal, applesauce, and bananas.





She's doing her best to crawl, getting up on all fours, but then she can't figure out how to go forward.  Nothing like a little help from big sister.








 Always a dance going on.



 The afternoon was nice.  We walked down to the coffee shop and met our insurance agent, Steve, to see about changing our health insurance.  It went well, and let's hope we made the right decision.  Mine is no premium and free medications and preventative medicine - so I'll be okay as long as I stay healthy.  Mike's is a little more complicated but still sounds good.

After that, we walked over and got our library cards.  It's a neat little library with a limited collection, but the librarian said we could request books or audio books from 48 other libraries with no fee.  Sounds great to me.  The children's section is nice too.  We'll take Graysen to story time on Wednesday and check her out a few books.  I got 2 knitting books (they have 4 shelves of them), 1 sewing book, and 2 novels.

Mike left me there without checking out anything, but it was so much fun to walk home after I had browsed around - about 2 blocks - with an armful of books.  I've never lived so close to a library.

Organizing for today:  I had high hope for these but was a little worried after the troubles we had yesterday.  They were perfect though.

This was where I was trying to milk a little storage.


I bought 2 of them and stacked them, and they were perfect.  It was just a perfect fit - not a quarter of an inch to spare at the bottom.




All those herbs and spices stuffed in the cabinets are perfect there.  The only problem is having to lift them up to tell which is which.  I guess I could write the names on the caps - if they get used that much.

 
 Baby food and formula and bottles will be perfect on the next to bottom row, and cat treats and food will go on the bottom shelf.

This empty top shelf will be filled with sippy cups and little spoons and bowls and things.


I had ordered a utensil crock to corral all those spoons and spatulas that I didn't have room to store.  I didn't know it was going to be bigger than the coffee pot!  But that part of the counter looks a lot better now.  That starfish appeared and has been kicking around since we moved in.


We have plans to take the day off and get ALL the boxes and bins downstairs finally.  I'm a little more encouraged about things than I was this time last week.  We've now been here 2 weeks and no homesickness or regrets.  Well, some sadness in the late afternoons the first week, but that's better now.  It's all good.

No comments:

Post a Comment