Thursday, September 3, 2015

First Day of New Journey

This is where Mike will be spending the next 6 weeks - every weekday for 33 days - and one day a week of chemo.


Just like going to work.



 The lab is the first stop.


Chemo face.



 The face used to encourage people to bring coffee and snacks.


I didn't dare take pictures - although I'm sure the lady wouldn't have minded - but his neighbor today was a former Turpentine Queen of Bainbridge, Ga., who turned down a majorette scholarship at FSU.  Her Daddy wouldn't let her go.  I left to run errands, but I think Mike learned even more.  

 I like the way this hall looks, but this is the first time I've seen it empty.



Mosaic in the lobby.



As soon as chemo was over, it was next door to radiation.  We were in and out in about 15 minutes.  It took me longer than that to get warm afterwards.  I need to come prepared next time I go.



Very little else going on.  Tomorrow is nursing home day.  Mama has injured her shoulder some how and is rebelling against physical therapy.  I doubt I can say much to convince her, but we'll see.  

We've kind of halfway watched a few football games tonight.  We didn't care who won, so it wasn't that much fun.  Pulling for Vanderbilt who is losing 7-6 in the 4th quarter.  

Sewing has been nonexistent lately.  I did make these shirts last month for a birthday party - sweet 1-year-old and her 2 big brothers.




 Just got this picture of Graysen "looking at my fruit.  I can't like carrots.  I CAN like bananas.  I CAN'T like celery."  I know she likes strawbabies.


Happy Baby Kate.  Pretty soon she'll be interfering with Graysen's reading time.  I miss these girls.




No comments:

Post a Comment