Tuesday, September 15, 2015

A Muddle

I guess that's what our lives are right now.  It's not a bad life right now - but still seeming to be in a holding pattern:  Waiting to list the house and then waiting to sell it.  Hoping to pack up all our belongings and move 2600 miles across the country.  Waiting to see the babies grow up and being able to spend time with them.  Waiting for these cancer treatments to end. And for a particular radiation machine to fix its gun filaments.   Waiting to see what new crisis (or drama) Mama will report from the nursing home.  Praying for the things friends and family members are also going through at this time.  Daring to even follow national and local news.

I have mentioned jokingly to a couple of people lately the phrase "bloom where you're planted."  Meaning that we are not always in a place or situation we love, but we should make happiness where we are.  And we've been planted in a lot of places in the last 20 years, Montgomery being the most unlikely place of all.

I have a birthday coming up in a little over a week, and I found the gift I'm going to ask for.
A book called The Bee Cottage Story:  How I Made a Muddle of Things and Decorated My Way Back to Happiness.  I'm not sure decorating is ever going to bring me happiness, but the idea of making our space comfortable and even pretty has always appealed to me.  Maybe I'll learn something to help on that front and also maybe find something to help get out of this muddle.  One of my favorite blogs, Southern Hospitality, featured the book today and has some beautiful pictures.  Her blog always has things that inspire me.  I don't think Rhoda has ever found a project she couldn't tackle and has through the last several years completely changed a generic house into a lovely and inviting home.  I love to look at her before and after pictures!

I'm going to see if Mike wants to walk in the cool morning and then get a cup of coffee and tackle a few things in the sewing room.

My picture for today.  It makes me smile.


This beautiful princess wand was discovered in the Dollar Bin at Target.  I had no idea what it would "do" but I knew Graysen would probably like it, so I sent it last week to be put into the Potty Reward basket.  Looks like it made its way into those sweet hands and will now drive everyone crazy  entertain everyone until the battery somehow mysteriously runs out.  It not only lights up but loudly sends out Fairy Godmother "music."  You can almost see Griff being changed into a beautiful horse or Jack into a toad.

No comments:

Post a Comment