Wednesday, June 3, 2015

Quick Catch up

Of course, we've taken too many pictures, so what better place than here to bring them.

Yesterday, Emily and Ryan took Katherine for her checkups, and it was a great visit.  She's right on track and gaining back the weight she lost in the hospital, back to over 7 pounds.  She does have a little jaundice, but it's waning.  Her breathing is totally normal, which was the biggest concern.  She just likes to scare her parents and grandparents.

Graysen and I had a perfect morning.  We washed dishes and animals in the bathroom sink, read more stories, played with baby dolls and her kitchen.

She got to watch two Daniel Tiger videos, which she loved, one about going potty and one about saying you're sorry.  She sang along and danced to the potty one but wanted absolutely no discussion of Graysen's potty.  I think she could watch those videos all day if we didn't limit them.  She hardly moves while they're on.

 When I went upstairs to do some laundry, she read quietly to herself, first in her room and then in Katherine's.




I found pictures of this sunsuit taken last year when it was way too big.  It's nice to get another year's wear out of it.





Last night, all the girls watched "Tangled," which is the story of Rapunzel.  I didn't know.  We enjoyed it, but I'll have to watch it again because it was late, and Emily was able (without Graysen realizing it) to fast-forward and get to the end sooner.

Today Graysen and I walked across to the park.  She chased birds on the soccer field at first and then went to the park.  There were 2 little boys named Evan and Ian, twins.  I guess the dad heard my southern accent because he asked where I was from.  When I told him Alabama, he said, "Me too.  Gadsden."  His wife is from WA, and he moved here about 3 years ago, and his parents are planning to move also.

We then walked back past the house to a little cul-de-sac where I had to be creative to come up with interesting things to point out and discuss - a flag, another Japanese maple, two little wooden bears on a porch waving (she waved back), and then a gray cat who came out for petting.  He followed us a good piece, and I started worrying about him following us home, but he found a wooded place to hunt and let us go home.

Fingerpainting was next.  I have a video or 2 of that, if it will work.  Lots of pictures also.  All these pictures are in my camera, and my cable is downstairs so...

Here are a few more though.








Day before yesterday, it was a gloomy sort of day but Emily was eager to get out of the house, so she and Ryan took Graysen walking in her raincoat and boots.  Such pretty pictures they brought home.





Mine aren't too bad either.











2 comments:

  1. I love your pictures and I'm so glad you are having a wonderful time with everyone there. G looks so sweet with baby K and I know she's going to be a great big sister. K is so precious, it makes you just want to pick her up and cuddle her. Wish we could see them both.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks, Sherry. K is cuddly and snug and precious - except when she's hungry. Then she acts like she never met you and lets you hear that voice. G is surprisingly gentle and accepting of the baby. She does like Mom and Dad to be around all the time, which is natural.

    ReplyDelete