Wednesday, May 27, 2015

Wednesday morning relaxing

So this is the day before New Baby arrives, and I can hardly remember the last two days since I've been here..

Ryan went fishing early, so Emily, Graysen and I had a relaxing morning at home.

Emily had been wanting to make a tomato-based soup like her grandmother used to make, so she worked on that first thing this morning.


Gracie ate her breakfast and got to watch a movie for her electronics time today.  She chose "Little Mermaid" and followed it pretty closely.  It's really the first time I've ever seen it too.  Emily fast forwarded through the scary parts, so we got to enjoy it without being scared.


She and I spent some time on the deck playing with some of the little animals.  It was a little chilly but not enough to wear shoes.  


I took this picture of the rhodendrons from the living room window.


What a nice porch to enjoy the nice weather.


Emily and Graysen took a walk.



New Baby's room is still in progress, but you can tell how pretty it's going to be.  The glider, crib, and changing table have come from Graysen's room, and Ryan just painted the chest to go with the crib wall.



Grand-kitty Jack and grand-Corgie Griff.  




One reason I don't get more written is this:





Whenever I sit down and start to type, she runs in and says, "Mimi, Imma making G's."  And never tires of it - 13 pages of typing this last time.

Pop Pop got here this afternoon.


Pop Pop still has a little energy.  Pop Pop run!  Pop Pop play toys!  Come here, Pop Pop!  They have read numerous books, run a LOT, played ball, eaten pizza, laughed a lot.  He's fascinated by how much she is changing and learning as much as I am.

And someone wants to be a tiny baby again.  She needed Mommy to hold her and Pop Pop to read her a bedtime story.






These are doll  baskets that I brought up for her, the same ones Emily and Elise played with when they were little.

She can also be a big girl too, riding so nicely in the cart at Target and looking at princess sheets.


 Not so much the big moose and the Spiderman.  "Stay up dere."




Ordering something in the Greek restaurant.


Feeding her babies.


Making more G's.


I'm not sure how tomorrow will go, but this is her last day as an only child.  I think she'll be fine.

No comments:

Post a Comment