Sunday, May 17, 2015

Plugging along

I don't really have anything interesting to add today except that we spent 30 minutes before church in the storage unit (across the street from the church) and 15 minutes afterwards labeling boxes.  It feels good to have 50 boxes labeled and ready to go - somewhere.

I can't say I would have chosen mustard yellow for the doors, but all in all, it looks pretty neat.



I decided to tackle a box of old letters and newspaper clippings and emails sent and received when emailing was a really new thing - 1996-1998.  It's just like a journal to read those emails and fill in the gaps, things I had forgotten - Emily's trip to England for Christmas, my exhausting work schedule, busy family-filled Christmases.

So far, I'm throwing away more than I'm keeping.

I threw away that envelope on top, but I kept the letter to the tooth fairy from Emily (asking her to please bring $3.00), a good many little teeth and even some hair in a box.  Can't bring myself to throw that away yet.

I spent an hour or so on the phone with an old friend, Debra from Thomaston.  We don't talk much any more, but when we do, we hardly can find a stopping place.  Now that we have Mimi talk, that just adds to the fun.

Now it's back to the work week.  Tomorrow I have to go renew my driver's license which expired in April that I didn't even know about.  Oops.  I might need that.

No comments:

Post a Comment