Tuesday, March 31, 2015

Busy Tuesday

I didn't even have a sentence to write yesterday because of nothing important to write about.
Today is the same except we're being forced out of the house.

I unfortunately have to visit an oral surgeon named Matthew today to see about getting a wisdom tooth removed.  Matthew.  Sounds like a child.  I hope he isn't.  My dentist is Dr. Chet.  Because his last name is too hard for anyone to remember or pronounce.

As a reward after the appointment, we're going to buy some flowers to plant and some groceries, and if Mike feels sorry enough for my upcoming ordeal, he'll take me to Chic-Fil-A for one of the new frozen lemonade things.

Here are some pictures I took last week just wandering around the yard with the camera.

Bur first a picture of Mama's birdfeeder at the nursing home.  She's really enjoying watching them, and I've already had to refill it.



Mike's work space in the garage.  He loves to find a door that needs painting or repairing so he can take it off and make it perfect again.  Taster's Choice coffee and Car Talk make it better.


The boxes and bins in the background are part of the things I'm collecting for the My Kids Attic consignment sale.  It's more than doubled since Saturday.  I made sure there was no limit to what I could sell.

Eyesore area between the driveway and fence.  The plant on the left is (I think) a loropetalum or Chines Fringe Bush.  It doesn't seem to grow much, but I guess there's no room for it to do so.  Rosemary next to it and the pyracantha that blooms at strange time.  Mike planted sunflowers (don't ask) in the blank spaces.


I walked all around the yard taking pictures and never noticed this bench was at the street for pickup until I came in and uploaded my pictures.


Pansies by the back door.


Neighborhood clean-up day.


It made me a little sad to see it sitting there.  After the house burned and we were having it rebuilt, the guys working on the deck built this and a potting bench, and we took it to Meridian, Greensboro, back to GA, and now to Montgomery.


Front porch is coming out from its winter look with some ferns and Mandevilla.


One of the Altheas getting some new leaves.  It won't be long before they're covered in pink and purple blossoms.



Mike's pride and joy, the Lenten Rose he bought in Oregon and brought back and nurtured over 2 winters.



Amaryllis starting to show.


Well, there goes the bench.



I've distracted myself enough.  It's now time to go face Matthew with my x-rays.

No comments:

Post a Comment