Wednesday, September 24, 2014

Pumpkin Shirt

Graysen outgrew her pumpkin shirt from last year, so I had planned to make her at least one for this year.  Debby and I saw this color combination in a local store and thought it was so pretty and original, especially since there was a shirt with the same blue rick-rack on it.  I found some similar orange fabric and just pretty much copied it.  I guess that's not a nice thing to do, but I'm just not that creative. 




It seems a little early for fall fashion, but it's already pretty cool up here.  We were swinging on the front porch yesterday morning at 63 degrees, and we were a little chilly.  Then I talked to Mama, and she was talking about how hot it was and that she had let Darby in early.

I have good intentions of writing every day, but it's harder than I thought to get upstairs to my computer.  If I bring it downstairs, I have little fingers trying to poke the keys or asking to see pictures of "the baby."  Then last night when I tried to write, there was no internet connection upstairs.

So briefly yesterday,  I was planning to babysit while Emily and Ryan worked and Mike, Larry, and Jo went to Seattle to visit various places.  Larry and Jo have stopped to visit for a few days on their vacation.  Mike ended up not feeling like the trip, so they ventured off themselves with the GPS to guide them and I think had a pretty good time.  Pretty pictures and videos anyway.  

I can't say that I did more than putter around the house and enjoy Graysen.  I did work 3 hours while she napped yesterday afternoon.  Sounds boring, but it was a wonderful day, doing just what we wanted to.  Mike felt a little better as the day went on but is up this morning not doing that well.  

The rain is horrible closer to Seattle, and I'm glad they didn't decide to wait until today to go sightseeing.  There might be some closer trips today, maybe to Issaquah to a Thai restaurant, and one other place where I might be able to go with them. 

We'll see how the day unfolds.  Right now, breakfast sounds pretty good.

No comments:

Post a Comment