Sunday, September 28, 2014

It was a Great Birthday

Well, it's just impossible to write on this blog.  Impossible.  I wrote this title yesterday, wondering if I could remember the day before, and now it's 2 days later.  I just don't have the time.

Briefly, on my birthday, almost everyone was gone during the morning, so I worked a few hours, stopping only to receive a couple of deliveries.  I'm not sure what we did the rest of the day, but we had dinner at an Indian restaurant that Emily and Ryan love.  It was amazing, really the first Indian food I've eaten, and I have no idea what I ate.  We just let them order for us - four different dishes.  Yum.  Every one of them was good.  Graysen especially enjoyed her mom's mango lasse.


Another thing she enjoyed was standing between her parents and surprising the man in the booth behind them with sticky little hands on his neck.  I'm not sure he enjoyed it as much as she did.

Afterwards, we went to Fred Meyer to get Emily a fishing license for their fishing trip this morning, and it was so much fun to push G around in the Halloween and fall decorations and see her reaction.  She exclaimed at all the owls and turkeys and even the witches.  The only thing she hated was a huge furry spider hanging from one of the shelves.  Nooo-nooo with a lot of head shaking.

Yesterday afternoon, Emily, Graysen, and I took a short walk, and Emily tried to show Graysen how to roll down the hill in the grass.  No deal, Mom.  She loves the new park across the street and is almost TOO brave about climbing the steps and going down the slide.  She's so ready to start playing with the other kids.

This morning while the others were fishing, she and I walked to town and back.  A perfect morning, just chilly enough to seem fall-like but not cold.  The leaves are changing so nicely, and the town seemed dream-like.




She likes to hold a couple of leaves while we walk - but only 2 and only dry ones!  She hums and sings and talks to the cheep-cheeps and doggies she meets.




We came home and had just a great morning, unloading drawers, playing, and reading books.  I got a little housework done - but very little.







 And then this afternoon 4 out of the 5 of us had nice long naps.

That's just a quick summary of the last few days.  We really are happy up here and just wish we weren't having to stay with Emily and Ryan so long.

We're about to go for another walk, so I'll take my camera and try to remember what happens.

The usual walk but fun--

 Same route - past the gardens where we saw huge brussels sprout plants and pumpkins.





Then around the corner and up to the big hill where Graysen practiced running up and down, Mom did some working out, and Griff and Mimi just enjoyed the evening.










We avoided the park because it sounded like it was full of big kids and retraced our steps.  We saw a huge raccoon cross the street in front of us, but I wasn't quick enough to get a picture.  Guess he had been in someone's garbage.



We got back home and unloaded the pantry, made taco soup and studied the new Halloween glass.





No comments:

Post a Comment