Tuesday, August 12, 2014

Busy Monday

I see now why I need to write every day because big chunks of yesterday are missing from my memory.  I do know it was one of the best days we've spent with Graysen - from the time I got her out of bed at 6:15 until her parents got home at the end of the day.

She was talking and pointing as soon as I opened the door to her room and was content to just stand in her bed and jabber and exclaim over things.  Opening the blinds to let in some light was just so exciting for her.

Our favorite thing to do is sit in the den and listen to and watch her play.  She does play by herself well, just picking up things and talking to them and sometimes naming them, or running through the house with any of her cars or rolling things.

Stair-climbing for her is so much fun to watch.  And so nice that I no longer have to carry her up and down.  She goes up very methodically and rapidly, enjoying it so much, but then going down, she starts a few feet away from the first step and backs into it.  Then she starts slithering like an eel and sliding until she reaches the landing.  She gives a self-satisfied little exclamation and does the whole thing over again.  When she reaches the bottom, she gives the gate a firm push until it latches.  I have to admit it took me a couple of days until I was comfortable watching this - and may still need to lurk behind her all the time.






The sailboat dress I made is a little bit too big right now, but she looks sweet in it.  I'll definitely use that pattern again.

Mike was feeling good yesterday - not wonderful - but well enough to spend a lot of time playing and reading, and we even walked across the street to the park late in the afternoon.  I've never been in WA in 99-degree weather, but it was almost like being home.  Even the tree-canopied trail behind the park was not cool like it usually is.


This picture is eerie to me.  Kind of like an abandoned (glowing) baby.  We love the ferns and the coolness.

This is just mean.  Mike's idea of a funny thing.  He is constantly pointing out bear nests and trampled down places and asking what I would do if a bobcat came out of the woods.


Emily and I took her over to the park and let her run in the grass.  They're rebuilding the playground, and we can't wait until that's finished.  In the meantime, a bottle of bubble stuff and some boys playing Frisbee are enough entertainment.








Adding new pictures from today.

Crossing the street with Daddy to check out the future park.

 

 Someone looks guilty, but I'm not sure why.  They wouldn't want it if it didn't pertain to fishing.


Another pensive pose, just waiting for the other kids.


We had a list of chemo side-effects that we refer to, and a headache was one of them to call the doctor for, and I did but was reassured that it would be okay to take something for it.  There was a little heartburn that Emily picked up some Omeprazole for.  I think today the headache is still there a little, but the heartburn is gone.  We're so lucky he hasn't had any of the other ones except being very tired and sleepy - which is fine and expected.

I'm still managing to keep up with work when Graysen is asleep and today when she is at the babysitter's.  We would love to keep her all the time, but they need to keep their babysitter so have to take G over there some.  I have to admit it is nice to have a little break, but I miss her today.



Ryan went off to meet some people, so Mike and I walked to town to the UPS store to mail a package.  It looked a little rainy, and we were sure it was going to start raining on us.  We walked at a pretty good pace and made it and made it back too.  I loved the wind and clouds.  So much nicer than the hot sun.  We had thunder and lightning last night too, a rarity up here, which thrilled Emily and me.


1 comment: