Tuesday, October 15, 2013

I took a little time off, it seems

I haven't been just sitting around admiring my neat sewing room.  There's too much more to do to enjoy it yet, but it is a big improvement.  I've actually moved those stacks of cloth around and used some of them.

Besides the jersey-making, I've done some embroidery this week.  Sharon, a mother of 5-month-old twins asked if I could make some bibs more exciting.  They were nicely bound in striped fabric and just begging for designs.


Two of them got owls.
 
 
A chick and a hippopotamus.
 
And 2 monograms.  I love how these turned out.  One for Hannah and one for Nate.
 
 
I have 2 turkeys to do for my favorite boys, but I decided to try out the fabrics Amanda and I had talked about.  This may not be the exact combination she picked, but this is a shirt I did for Graysen.
 
 
Except for turning the back fabric sideways (because I cut it too narrow), I think this is a pretty combination.  Turkeys are not the most beautiful of creatures, and I don't like a lot of the patterns I see, but this one makes me happy.  A plump little turkey who wishes he were a peacock.
 
 
Or she.
 
 
 
I needed a bright orange polka-dot bow, but I needed to get a package mailed, so this was as close as I could come.
 
Mike has been busier than I have the past 2 weeks.  I mentioned that I thought the white wicker chairs on the porch would look good black - to match the front door - and he agreed, and over the course of about a week, this is what we have now.
 

 
Luckily the cushions look better with black than with white.
 
 
 
He even painted the table, and the coleus is now living there.  A nice place to sit and drink a cup of coffee if we would ever take the time to do it.
 
 
 This is small potatoes to the other stuff he's been up to.  The new pressure washer has gotten a workout.  Not only have the porch, patio, driveway, and all walks been cleaned - he's pressure-washed the woodwork on the whole house.

That led to painting all the woodwork - a huge job.  But with this magic tool, he's been able to stay off the ladder for all but the last touch ups.  It's his favorite toy of all time, I think, and he was glad to demonstrate all the positions and all the areas it will paint.

 
 
 
 
So no ladder mishaps, but there was the painful attack from an "Africanized killer hornet," that took offense to his white painter's turban/doo-rag.  The stinger is still in his forehead.  He has confirmation from our pastor that he saw a nest of them in his lawn mower when he opened it; they didn't swarm, but they all "turned around and looked at him."
 
It's time for lunch, so I'll come back and post pictures of our Turban Ministry at work and a few more of the Friday morning Bible study kids.
 
The sweetest picture lately of sweet Graysen.  She turned 8 months old Sunday.  How can that be?!
 
 
 

No comments:

Post a Comment