Saturday, May 25, 2013

Divide and Conquer

The name of the quilt below.


This is a quilt I made when I first moved to Montgomery and loved doing it.  I didn't have anyone in particular in mind to give it to - figured both girls would think it was too pink - but surprisingly Emily snatched it up, and she and Ryan, and I'm sure Griff and Jack, have curled up under it in several different homes. 

 I think I like this use for it best.  Talking, giggling, rolling, and growing so fast.

I did a little sewing today and finished one project and started (in my mind) a bunch more.  Mama and I ate barbecue from the church and went to Beth's Heirloom Sewing in Wetumpka.  So many pretty things to look at.  Beth talked me through a tricky spot on the sunsuit, and I put the snaps in when I got home.  I'm too lazy to get up and find the camera and take pictures tonight. 

Summer is here for sure with at least 10 days of relentless dryness and temperatures reaching 90.  Mike's glad of the dryness since he has 2 weeks of grass growth to tackle tomorrow when he gets home from his wanderings.  I'll probably just try to keep my few plants alive.


No comments:

Post a Comment