Tuesday, November 27, 2012

Headed Home

 
Yesterday was our half day of driving, but we got from Snoqualmie to Boise.  It's unusual for us to take the same route twice, but we did it this time.

This is how it looked going east toward Snoqualmie Pass.



 
This is how it looked last Wednesday afternoon when we were headed west across the pass.



 
 
It was beautiful but a little scary, and I would have enjoyed it more if I had known we weren't going to slide off the road. 

It was a beautiful ride for the most part to Yakima where I believe I mentioned earlier the delicious hickory bacon potato soup that we had found at the Sea Galley there.  Since we were passing by right after lunchtime, it seemed reasonable to stop again.  It had nothing to do with the oysters that Mike had loved so much.

It turns out we had the same waitress, Jenelle, and she remembered us and where we had sat.  I'm not sure if that's a good thing or not.  The potato soup was not on the menu that day, and she refused to go cook me a pot of it, but she was sweet anyway.  Mike had the exact same thing---
 
And I got fish tacos just because I've always heard of them but never tried them - blackened and friend both. And shrimp gumbo soup. It was pretty good, spicy enough to bring tears to my eyes, but good.

Then Jenelle spent some time chatting with us and introduced Chavon (sp) the salad bar boy.  It's funny that she is expecting her first grandchild in February also, a little girl too, Molly Rose.   It was sad to tell her we would probably never pass that way again, but the chances are pretty slim.


 
 
Thanks for two nice dining experiences, Jenelle.

 
Time to leave again.  No idea where we'll end up tonight.

2 comments: