Wednesday, October 10, 2012

Little Bit More Sewing

These are things I made last year before there was a baby expected.  I love Amy Butler's fabrics, and the things in this book are all so perfect I just want to make them all.  I'll settle for 2 of them.
 

This is the first one that appealed to me - just a hooded blanket with a tie.

 
 It was easy to do and would have been much easier if I'd looked at this page carefully before I puzzled over one of the steps.  Other than that, it just went together so well.



 

 
The only thing I changed was leaving off the buttonholes for the tie.  I wasn't sure how useful it would be, and I didn't want to put 2 holes in the middle of it if they weren't used.  I just made a small carrier on the back and threaded the tie through it.  Then if it's not used, there won't be holes in the blanket.
 
 I don't love these owls, but it was the most tasteful thing I could find in Joann's that day that matched the green plush fabric I already had.  Now that I know I can do it, I'll do another with a pretty fabric.

Emily is crazy about this cat and has mentioned it twice, so it looks like that will be an upcoming project.  It should be fun to do.


 I just found this patterern on line and did it exactly like the instructions.  Super easy.  It's a changing pad that folds into a neat little package for a diaper bag or to keep in a car.


 Open, there are pockets on each side for diapers and wipes and other things.  Next time I might do a water-repellant fabric for the middle part.  And maybe in a more feminine pattern. 

 
I can't find the pattern now when I did a search, but the web site I got it from (I think) was You Sew Girl.
 
The package is ready to ship now, and I'm going to finish up a few things that need buttons or ribbon before I start something else.  Right....

No comments:

Post a Comment