Thursday, August 2, 2012

Rare Blog Appearance

I'm going to do better.  I promised myself I would start in August and try to make some sense of my days and try to get some pictures of what I've been doing.  So now it's the first of August and actually raining a tiny bit.  That always puts me in a good mood, and I can't use my earphones to work because of the lightning, so coming here seemed like a good idea.

Someone REALLY hates thunder.
 Since I can't work, I'm doing a little mega chain piecing for Emily's quilt.  I have more stuff on the floor than I do on the table. 
 These are the first of the squares of the quilt.  I now have about half of the quilt done, and this long string is the other half.  At first I did them 4 blocks at a time, so I could admire them and see what I was doing wrong, but now it's time to move on.

Because....

I finally have permission to say what has been occupying my time this summer:  Sewing for a little one.  Emily and Ryan are expecting our first grandbaby in February.  It's been so hard to keep the secret.  I think that's one reason I didn't write anything in June and July.  I've been busy sewing cute little things, so I need to get the big-girl quilts finished so I can concentrate on bibs and embroidery and stuff.

I'll take more pictures later, but here are a couple of things I've done.


 The yellow flowered bib is a "bapron," such a good idea.  I got the pattern here.  It's really easy to make, and once we know the sex of the baby, I'll probably do a bunch of them.  So much more practical than the smaller bibs.  I found the bear and trees embroidery design at Planet Applique, and it definitely makes you think of the baby's surroundings.  Emily saw a bear walking down the sidewalk on her way to work one morning.  I've about learned not to worry too much - just a little.

I love this cream and yellow blanket.  I'll write more about it later.  The quilt behind it I've had for years and will only go to a little girl.  Little boy already has a quilt in the making!


So much to catch up with, including the fact that Sherry is also going to be a grandmother in November.  We've had a lot of fun discussing those first ultrasounds and talking about sewing for the babies.

I thought it would be interesting to compare ultrasounds of both babies at 12+ weeks. 

Emily and Ryan

Najla and Ryan

They look almost identical there, but I guess they all do at that stage.  The next ones ought to be more interesting.


3 comments:

  1. Such good news! And the little bear is too cute!

    ReplyDelete
  2. YAY!!!!!!!!!!!! Congrats Emily and Ryan! And Becky and Mike! What a blessing! Can't wait to hear if little baby is a boy or girl! :-)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Awww is so cute!! It´s a girl? God bless you all, I´m so happy for you!! What a blessing! I bet this baby will have the best quilted blankets in all USA!!

    Send you a big hug my dear, hope we can chat soon.

    Love

    ReplyDelete