This looks fairly promising at 2:45 p.m.
Between visits from daughters, I've done just a little bit of sewing and not much else. I did plant a rosemary and some dahlias. That's it for my gardening.
Great progress has been made on Elise's quilt. I've sewn on the setting triangles and have started at each of 2 corners, sewing increasingly long rows together, and I'm so pleased with it. I've just finished one row of 9 squares, and when I got to the end of that row, and all 23 points met perfectly, I had to go get a cup of congratulatory coffee. There are probably 12 more rows to sew together, but I'm taking it slowly and trying to do a good job. When those rows of 15 are sewn together is when I'll really be happy to have it all match up.
I hate seeing these pictures. No matter how carefully I planned, I see I'm still getting "like" squares too close together. Don't think it will matter in the long run. The 3 that look black and white above are actually 6 different fabrics in greens or blues.
For a change of pace, I did cut out the pretty blue binding for future baby's bright quilt. I guess a girl might get this one, but it seems more suited to a boy. We'll ask her when the time comes if she likes it. I cut, folded, pressed and put the binding on my cute little binder holder, so it's ready to go, but I would have had to change thread and change to a walking foot to work on it today, so it's going to wait a few days.
It's a happy little quilt and cheater simple!