Tuesday, August 30, 2011

Waking Up



Let's see if I still remember how to do this.


There haven't been any skies like that last picture since then. The vine stilll grows and flourishes in the heat and dryness. A welcome sight since I've let everything else dry up.

It was a long nap, and things are changing. I've been "reminded" a few times lately that I need to at least come here every week or so. I wasn't sure if anyone would notice.

The biggest change is that Mike is finally coming back home to live. We've joked about changing the blog to "Keeping my Sanity in Alabama." We're both wondering how it's going to be sharing spaces again.

I can't say it's been fun making do on my own these past years, but I've learned a lot - how to be more responsible, for one thing. No one is going to get those bills out on time except me, and no one is going to push the trash can to the street except me. I've learned how to repair things around the house or find someone who can - or ignore it. On the other hand, we both have our things we like to do, and it will be interesting to see how we combine them.

I'm totally looking forward to it. We've held our breath and jumped into the Medicare/Social Security world. Just a little intimidating, but maybe it will be fine. We're both looking forward to a little more freedom although I will work part time. I might see some fabric I need every once in awhile.

I also need to change colors or pictures or something to make this blog pretty, but I probably won't if it takes any time or patience.

At least I'm creeping back in slowly.



1 comment: