Sunday, October 17, 2010

Sunday Thoughts

Laughter and tears are both responses to frustration and exhaustion. I myself prefer to laugh, since there is less cleaning up to do afterward.
- Kurt Vonnegut

This was on my Google Home Page this morning, and I thought it was funny - and true. Sometimes I think I need to change the title of this blog to Givingupinalabama, but then that crisis passes, and I find out I can handle things better by laughing than by crying.

My way of dealing with no towel bars in the bathroom.



Everything is in complete disarray but so close to being finished. Mike says he will paint at Christmas if I have everything ready. This is a BIG job, but it's coming slowly.

When we were stripping wallpaper last Sunday, Stephanie found out that if you took off BOTH layers of wallpaper, it came off in big sheets rather than having to scrape. At first, I didn't greet that news with enthusiasm since it pretty much meant I had to go back and redo everything I had done, but she was right, and I think it's going to be worth it to start with bare walls.

My friend Tonnie asked this morning what color I was going to paint the walls, and I don't want to say beige, but it's going to be close. Any ideas are welcome - brand names, pictures, and specific color names! She also asked if I needed any help. She might be sorry she asked that.

Just wanted to mention these boxes that Mama and I picked up at church this morning. I'm not sure what we're going to put in them, but I can't wait to get started filling them.



Also Emily recruited a new Auburn fan yesterday. War Eagle, Stacy. I'll see if I can't get Baby Willis a Tiger bib. The Huskies and Cougars there are too frightening to put on bibs!

1 comment:

  1. Don´t give up dear!! Everybody feels like these sometimes; so, please stay giving us your beautiful thoughts and all that gorgeous pics.
    Send you a big big hug and all my strenght to fill up your batteries ;)
    love Gaby

    ReplyDelete