Thursday, December 31, 2009

Happy New Year

I know it could not have been a year ago when I first started this blog, but it seems like I filled up a lot of pages. One year out of my life.

The sad times of the past year were losing 4 aunts and uncles, the last one only today, Aunt Nell. She's the one we went by to see at the nursing home at Thanksgiving, and she seemed healthy and in good spirits. It was pretty unexpected, probably a heart attack. That leaves me the oldest person in the family now on Daddy's side, not counting his cousins and second cousins, etc. Pretty scary.

High points were Emily's graduation, Emily & Ryan's wedding, and the chance for the family to get together a few more times than usual. And there is a new baby in Debby's family, Gracey. We'll have a lot of sweet pictures soon.

I just realized months of pictures are missing from the blog, and I have no idea why. I guess I'll have to go back and try to reload them. There are still Christmas pictures and memories that I've yet to record, but I think I'll try to sneak them in during the more boring days of January.

For my last words of 2009, I pray for God's blessings on our family and friends in the new year and that we will make the right decisions when we need to, that we will treasure each other and be patient with each other. And have a lot of fun. Life is short.

Philippians 4:6-7
Don't worry about anything; instead, pray about everything; tell God your needs, and don't forget to thank Him for His answers. If you do this, you will experience God's peace, which is far more wonderful than the human mind can understand. His peace will keep your thoughts and your hearts quiet and at rest as you trust in Christ.


No comments:

Post a Comment