Friday, December 25, 2009

Happy Christmas

I can't believe I haven't written anything in more than a week. It's just passed by so quickly.

Elise got here on Tuesday night, and we've had a good time. That's a long-suffering humor-Mama look.

She's kind of had to pitch in and do everything around the house because of my little accident. Call it a Black and Blue Christmas.

It happened here on Wednesday morning.





I was up bright and early, had my coffee and cranberry bread, and on my way to settle on the couch to actually watch TV, Good morning, America, I think. I clipped the edge of the ottoman on the way, and my poor foot has gone downhill ever since. The coffee amazingly didn't spill, but I'm glad I was alone in the room at the moment.

A couple of family members want me to post a picture, and the rest are terrified that I will. Debby said it looked like a candy cane, and that was being generous. This is the only way to view it.




I was able to wear my shoes to Andalusia but lost the ability to wear the right one pretty soon as the swelling commenced. Except for the excruciating pain, I've kind of enjoyed people saying, "No, you just sit down. I'll do this, and I'll bring you that." I can think of worse things. I've called in my personal PT, and she's on the plane right now bringing tape and advice. Just as long as she doesn't touch it.....

My pictures from Andalusia were fuzzy, as usual, but we'll be going back this weekend, so I'll have more after that.

This reindeer and sleigh have been on various Windham mantles since 1951 with only one antler missing in all that time. I think my father-in-law has glued on a few hooves through the years.




We've just now had a visit from Ella Santa. She ran in scattering cats and causing Darby to have a fit of excitement on the other side of the glass door.

Nephew Mitch, Elise, and sister-in-law Cheryl. Brother Mike, Mitch, and Mama coming in from her Birmingham stay.

Elise and I are going to make some cookies now and do nothing else until the rest of the family arrives.

Hope everyone has a great holiday.

Oh, and for those not fortunate enough to receive this card today, the Windham-Binderts.

Both mothers discussed this morning how we went wrong. It must be the fathers' influences.

3 comments:

  1. Merry Christmas, Becky!! Goodness- take care of that foot. I know you'll be so happy to have everyone home for a visit. Love the Christmas card. =)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Merry Christmas! Hope you are having a wonderful day! Glad you will have the fam all together shortly. Let them wait on you since you are injured! I hope it's not fractured! ouch!! Please don't ignore it. Emily's Christmas card is hilarious! It is wonderful to have such a sense of humor! ;-)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Happy Holidays!!
    I´m so sorry about your foot, some ice would be fine for this. Get well soon!
    The Windham-Bindert´s card looks like a magazine announcement!! Don´t you think? From the store of Windert´s hahahaha, I love the cat and dog costume!!
    Love

    Gaby

    ReplyDelete