Monday, October 5, 2009

Muleshoe, Texas

I'm slow, but I'm getting all these pictures posted. It may take me another week, but I have more -- quilting pictures, Nicaraguan furniture, Littlefield highlights, and I'm not sure what else.

Two years ago, Mike and I headed to Muleshoe, Texas, but never made it. I'm not sure why, but I'm glad I got to visit this time. We went with friends Linda and Butch who took care of me when I was here before, and it was just like all that time had not passed. We just picked up where we left off.

We went to one of their favorite restaurants. I can't remember the name of it now, but the food was wonderful. Here are all four plates. I can't tell you anything about what the others got, but mine was the best quesadilla I've ever had - stuffed with mushrooms, spinach, shrimp, and cheese.


The others must have been good too because I don't remember asking for any carry-out boxes.





Lots of good food. Lots of good conversation.

Muleshoe has to have a mule, don't you think?




I guess if you enlarge this picture, you can see what made the mule so famous here, enough that he has a little visitor's center and pretty seating areas.


This trailer full of horses was parked right beside the mule statue. Kind of a horse field trip maybe.

This was fascinating to us, even to the native Texans, who had never seen anything like this. An acorn on steroids.




Linda and I discovered this neat little sewing job. This may be a common way to do auto body repairs, but I've never seen it done before. Interesting.


That was our Muleshoe afternoon. Maybe Waylon Jennings and the windmill tomorrow.







No comments:

Post a Comment