Tuesday, August 25, 2009

End of August

And it can't come too quickly. The pyracantha is already doing its part to get ready for fall and winter.


Not much else going on in my neglected flower beds. Cooler weather may give me the incentive to get out and freshen them up.


This little plant seems to thrive on neglect. It's always blooming - and crowding out the chrysanthemum that's trying to get ready to bloom.

These scary-looking creatures were rescued from Emily and Ryan's moving leftovers. Some of them managed to make it all the way to Washington, but I brought these home, and they seem to like being plopped down in weeds and ignored.

So is this a pecan tree? Does anyone know? Emily says it is, and it's been growing in this pot for a year or so, just appeared one day. I'm afraid to try to plant it in the yard because I'd probably kill it, but it can't go on like this for long. I probably won't harvest any pecans either way.

No comments:

Post a Comment