Thursday, July 30, 2009

Nothing-special Thursday

Still no camera battery charger, but I did receive a package. It's still July, and I've bought a Christmas gift. I'm so proud of myself. I'm almost sure I will forget where I hid it though.

Today was the semi-annual dentist checkup and cleaning. They've really improved teeth-cleaning procedures in the last 30 years. If it weren't for having to cooperate with the hygienist, I could have almost fallen asleep. There was a time when the kids were young that we all dreaded getting our teeth cleaned. The hygienist was one of the nicest girls you'd ever want to meet with beautiful eyes and a good personality, but she was rough! I made the mistake of not asking for one of the others by name, so we were always given the same one. She chattered on incessantly while jabbing and poking and drawing blood and splattering water everywhere. I was always so tense when I left there. Today the sweet soft-spoken (silent) hygienist put a towel over my eyes and one over my chin and neck and just did her job. No pain. No tension. And I got my new toothbrush, toothpaste, and floss!

I'd rather be quilting or sewing or reading, but this is one of my make-up days for taking Monday off to help Emily and Ryan pack. They made it to Sioux Falls last night, and I'm sure they're having a good time visiting with Ryan's family and their old friends. I know they wish they could stay longer but at the same time are eager to get to Issaquah and move in.

I'll add more if something happens, but it looks like the dentist visit was the highlight of my day - unless it was buying some 40% off Kona cotton in Hancock's afterwards. I'm going to line up all my projects when I have time and prioritize and see if I can get something done.

No comments:

Post a Comment