Monday, July 20, 2009

Back to Reality

Debby, Emily, and I planned our trip to the beach months ago, and I don't think any one of us thought we could pull it off with all our schedules and obligations - but we did, and we sure didn't want to come home.

Just as I was leaving Montgomery. My favorite weather, but we didn't see a drop of rain until we started home and just one patch of it then.
Debby and I enjoyed ourselves immensely without ever touching sand or water. Emily did spend a good bit of time on the beach - studying and soaking up the sun. Except for an elusive elevator and room keys that sometimes worked and sometimes didn't, everything went smoothly, and we did exactly what we wanted, when we wanted to, and how we wanted to do it.

Now where IS that key?


I didn't take any pictures of the inside of the condo, but it was really nice. The first thing Emily said when she walked in was, "I love it. No peach and aqua." The walls were red and the furniture red and green and the kitchen huge and white and just right for unpacking our bags of Publix snacks.

One of my favorite things.

Rain Forest Nut and Vermont Country Blend for the mornings and Island Coconut and Columbian Fair Trade Select for the afternoons. Adventurous taste buds.

Can't be a beach vacation without Werther's Nips.My little area of contentment. What more could I ask for? The sounds of waves, nice breeze, peals of laughter coming up to me from the families on the beach, and the realization that if I wanted to stay there and just do nothing all day, I could, and no one would care. I later added a book to the arrangement after a visit to Barnes and Noble.



>

Emily studying for her certification exam. The teeny spot in the center. Sure looked like she was concentrating.


When these chairs were filled, there was no limit to the direction the conversation would take: God's awesome creation, Granny Watkins, Le Creuset skillets, the end of the world, how we don't want Emily to leave us and wishing Tom wasn't in Iraq, the penguin-looking toddler walking on the sand, feet, families, makeup and hair, and where and what we were eating next were just a few of the subjects.

My time is up for the day. Maybe later today or tomorrow the visit from Cousin Bobby and all our eating experiences. Lots of seafood consumed and lots of laughter.

No comments:

Post a Comment