Friday, May 22, 2009

Leftovers

Pictures from the graduation banquet, graduation ceremony, and crawfish boil have filtered in, but I haven't had a chance to get them on here, so I'll do that this morning.

First though, Mama and I had one of our rare going-out-after-dark ventures last night. Normally by dark I have the floodlights on, the animals in, and no intention of driving anywhere. But last night we went over to my cousin Pat's (and Tim's) house to enjoy the company of more cousins, 2nd cousins, 3rd cousins, and cousin-in-laws. The occasion was the graduation of their son Matthew from Macon East High School (hope I have that right). It's hard to believe how fast time passes. It seems such a short time ago that Pat was getting married and Emily was her flower girl. Now my "baby" cousins have grandchildren. I regret having this big gap of time when our lives went separate ways. I'm so glad we landed in Montgomery where Pat and I could re-connect. My Aunt Merle, who died last month, was one of my favorite aunts, and she kept me supplied with lots of little cousins to play with. It's fun now to hear the girls talk about the things their mother did and things that happened with their growing up that I missed. I have a wonderful picture of us all with our grandmother taken Christmas of 1970 that I'm threatening to put on the blog when i find it. It's filled with plaid and bell-bottoms; in fact, the youngest, Donna, remembers the plaid poncho she had on in the picture. My grandmother lived little more than a year after that but would have 2 great-grandchildren born before she died.

So not to forget the good time we had at graduation with the upcoming wedding, here are a few pictures.









Natalie's dad Sammy explaining the finer points of eating crawfish.


At this point, we weren't sure there was going to be enough for everyone.



No comments:

Post a Comment