I can't believe it's done. Ready to take to the quilter. I'm so afraid to look closely, afraid I'll see a mistake. The border went on nicely in spite of my having lost the directions. I've had this kit for about a year now and have been working on it since February, and the directions have all been right there. Now the part that tells me what and how to sew the borders and binding is missing. Luckily I cut everything out the first day, so it was just a matter of matching again. I left off one border that I didn't like. I may get the quilter to put the binding on, according to how much time I have left (and whether or not she's still speaking to me when she gets that far).
I may be losing it, because I'm already starting to look for the same fabrics to do it again, this time with no pressure. I really do like it in spite of my muttering and fussing about it. We'll see how this fits in with all the other 500 projects I have lined up.