Tuesday, February 17, 2009

What I Did Yesterday

That's an ambitious title. The trick now is to think of something. I worked 8 hours, pretty much, in spite of a bunch of emails about the new time clock we now have to "punch" and how we are to start bright and early this morning but oops now we have to go back to the old one for awhile, but no, let's try the new one now. But in between the work times, I managed to do the centers of those log cabin squares.
I worked a couple of hours on them, and I dare anyone to find one of them a hair off 2 in. x 1-1/2 in. While that's kind of satisfying, I don't have time to do it all by hand, so I'm going to work this afternoon on my sewing machine, trying to convince that quarter-inch foot to keep its promise. Working by hand, I can keep the pieces grasped between my fingers, while on the sewing machine, it can slip just a little bit. The bigger pieces will be easier. I'm enjoying it though.

I vacuumed most of the house. Well. That's probably it.

I didn't go to the Creative Serging class last night because that's not something I need to clutter my mind with now. It can just hold so many things right now, and wedding-day weather, graduation banquet, flowers, mosquitoes, rehearsal dinner plans, and much more have taken over the creative places in my brain.

It's time to punch in, I guess.

No comments:

Post a Comment