My new blogging friend Lydia "tagged" me to tell 25 random things about myself. I think she meant interesting things, but I'm having a hard time thinking of any, so I just did a stream of consciousness list. I'm supposed to "tag" someone, but I don't really know anyone personally with a blog except Lydia, and I'm sure she doesn't want to do another list. If Sherry can on her work blog, I'll tag her. Or maybe she will leave a comment about her 25 things!
1. I've been married for 41 years to Mike. Seems like just yesterday that we headed out to Auburn with all our wedding gifts and a gray kitten in that burgundy Chevrolet.
2. We sat across the aisle from each other in 6th grade but didn't speak to one another that we can remember.
3. We lived in Andalusia, Alabama, 20 years and in Thomaston, Ga, for 20+ years and in between times in 13 different dwellings, not counting the pink trailer in Pennville and the haunted room in Summerville.
4. I took piano lessons for 10 or so years with no talent whatsoever, causing the teacher and me both to suffer too long. I then took violin with Elise for a year - still no talent, but it was fun. Oh, and I also carried a clarinet in the high school marching band.
5. Our children are the bright spots in our lives - Gray, Elise, and Emily - now Stephanie and later this year Ryan. I talk to at least one of them every day.
6. Rainy, gloomy days cheer me up, and a small storm with thunder and a little wind make me downright giddy. Too much sunshine depresses me.
7. I was lucky to have married into a family that loved me and put up with me. I could never join in any of the in-law jokes.
8. I haven't watched TV in 2 years unless someone comes to visit and turns on the TV.
9. I hate to fly - I'm working on that - but love to drive. I once drove from Oklahoma to Georgia in one day because I just wanted to be home.
10. Mike gave me a little bottle of Chanel No. 5 when we were in high school and that's about the only perfume I wear - when I think about it.
11. I think I've only had 2 years when I didn't have 1 or more cats.
12. I love to organize and hate to put things back, so I do a lot of organizing.
13. I haven't been sick since 1985 unless maybe it was last month, but no one was around to witness me suffer, so I won't count that.
14. My mother is almost 86 and lives with me. My daddy died a few years ago and my mother-in-law a little over a year ago, but they pretty much are always with me. Those two made the world a better place, and I miss them terribly
15. I'm about as talented in needlework as I am in music, but that hasn't stopped me. There are not too many needlecrafts that I haven't tried - maybe rug-hooking.
16. I love gardening but am hampered by my fear of worms and the creature whose name starts with an S. That's why I garden with cats.
17. I've been a medical transcriptionist for 16 years and have always loved it, just not the long hours.
18. I learned to type before I could read, typing words from my uncle's biology book, and being fascinated by those drawings of the grasshopper.
19. I once worked at a prison.
20. I'm addicted to logic problems.
21. I can't swallow pills.
22. I never wear shoes unless I have to.
23. I spend way too much time reading blogs about quilting and sewing and not enough time actually doing them. Reading about it is mistake-proof.
24. My phobias are elevators, heights, and those creatures alluded to in #16 above.
25. I'm way over my head trying to do a blog, but I'm having fun learning. Small things just thrill me to death, like learning how to link things or how to separate my pictures. Hopefully I'll be thrilled a little bit more and learn how to make my page look nicer.
So there you have it.