Monday, June 29, 2020

Better Days

I'm just going to have to start letting these unusual feelings slide off me and just realize it's a hard time for everyone. 

I got up this morning, plugged my latest audio book in, and headed out for a walk.  I had on a sweater, but it was perfect weather.  I didn't seem to have as much energy as I did last month, but a little walk is better than nothing.

I drank my coffee on the balcony, listened to more of my book while I did cross-stitch, and had a nice phone call from a friend.

One thing that does help is to share experiences, and that's really hard for me to do.  A sweet blogging friend emailed me because she couldn't make a comment here, and we find that we have some of the same feelings and same sadness that things aren't like they used to be.  It's easy for the younger generation to dwell on keeping us safe and not realize we need to be included a little more - which is almost impossible with their busy lives and worries of their own.  This will hopefully pass in time, and we'll be right back in the thick of it.

I did miss a visit with Noreen this afternoon because of a trip Elise and I had planned to Issaquah.  With N going back to work and the cooler weather and rain, we haven't been able to get together and get it all off our chests lately!  Maybe soon.

I enjoyed being driven.  Elise is a good driver, and we had a nice outing.  Since we were out, I went into Michael's, planning to get that embroidery thread I didn't get yesterday, but guess what?  They didn't have a couple of the colors either.  I found some Fourth of July cupcake liners and some glow-in-the dark hairbands - or antennae - or something like that - for the girls.  I'm sure they'll love them.



We then went into Target needing nothing and came out with a couple of bags full.  Nothing special, just odds and ends that we needed and kept forgetting. 

We then came back to Snoqualmie and went into Safeway and got mostly healthy food.  Maybe she dwelt a little too long in the deli and bakery sections, but it's all about comfort food nowadays.  I did well on my eating plan today and wasn't about to mess it up too badly. 

I had a long video visit with the girls yesterday afternoon, and that was lovely.  They were in high spirits, telling me about the camping trip and (in detail) how bees make honey.  Then I had a loooong puppet show featuring the owl and the two snakes we made last summer after our puppet show at the library.  Or maybe that was two years ago. 




I didn't get one picture of Katherine, but she was upstairs putting circles and triangles on her snake.  Graysen is just days away from losing those front two teeth.  Can't wait for that cute little face when that happens.  She was to meet two friends this afternoon for a distanced play date.  I hope it worked out, because she is really missing her friends.

I replaced those kitty eyes, and now the kitty can see.  Those buttons were perfect to replace the lost eyes.



I'll try to get a few camping pictures on here.  I have the hardest time with photo albums and finding my photos.  There has to be a secret.  I don't know a lot of the details of the trip, but here are some random pics of the fun.  Katherine said it was a HUGE ocean, and she went up to HERE - indicating her chest.  I see some swimsuit pictures and some jacket ones, so I don't know how the weather was.  I do believe they had some 80+ degree days.







Ryan and Emily are redoing their back yard, and if I get tired of paying rent, I could probably be right at home in a set-up like this.  Probably no heat though, and I don't think I would want to build a fire very much.





 \







Kathrine looks like I would probably feel on a horse.

It's going to be another cool-ish week but wthout much rain.  I'm counting on summer to start this weekend.






















































































































No comments:

Post a Comment