Saturday, February 1, 2020

Thirty Days and Thirty Nights

I read that it has rained 30 out of 31 days in January.  I'm expecting a little more out of February.  It hasn't been terrible, and we've had a good time, but I'm so over it.  Snow is predicted tonight. I don't think it's going to happen, but if it does, it's a good time for me since I don't have to get out until Tuesday.

Emily had a good birthday, I think, even though I haven't seen her much, just a little bit in passing and some texting.  Her people at work had their usual celebration for her, this time surrounding donuts with apples to satisfy whatever eating pattern she's in.  I have a feeling I know what she chose!


She got flowers and a spa day from Ryan and the girls and a dinner at the Woodman Lodge in Downtown Snoqualmie.  She asked if she and Ryan could go early and have a little adult time and me bring the children down about an hour later.  



The girls were so excited and had a hard time picking out what to wear.  They wanted to know if it was a fancy rester-naut, and I told them that it was just a "clean clothes" one.  With stuffed bobcats and polar bear skins hanging on the walls, I didn't think it qualified as fancy.

They looked cute and were so sweet when I dropped them off, but I was totally out of my comfort zone and glad to get back home.  Driving in the rain is bad enough, and driving in the rain at night is worse, but driving during rush hour in the rain at night is the pits, especially when my babies are in the back seat.  And rush hour is rough in our little village since everyone headed to the closest 3 towns is getting off the interstate and weaving through Snoqualmie.  It was impossible to turn left without a light to get home, so I turned right and took a few back streets until I ended up where I could turn right.  It was good to get home, but I'm glad I could give them a good night.

This is only picture I got.


I got more pictures just now from somewhere else they went to eat, this time sushi (shooshi).  I asked where, and she said SushiMe which seems to be in Bellevue.  Fun!  For them.  I've never done more than take a bite of it and don't think I'll ever do more than that!






I'm glad it's been a good birthday for Em.  She deserves it.  Such a hard worker and a good Mama.  They make sure the girls get to experience a variety of restaurants and activities.

Elise had a full day of work, and I enjoyed my day off.  I did laundry, worked on the quilt, read some of my book, Remains of the Day, which is slow reading but a good story.  I think I've seen the movie but can't remember it, so I'll watch it later if I can find it.  I also took down the garbage and recycling and got that out of the house.

I had orders from Elise to get a new mop, so I ordered one from Amazon, and it came today, so that was exciting.  Nothing like encouraging you to mop all the tiled surfaces like getting a new mop.  It's nice to have clean floors and clean clothes on a Saturday night and settling down to read and listen to yet more rain and wind.  My life is full of excitement.  

No comments:

Post a Comment