Saturday, February 8, 2020

Interesting Weather

It's not enough that it's rained 36 days straight.  Now we have the crazy wind back.  I just heard a crash outside that sounded like something broke, but when I checked my balcony, I didn't see anything missing or anything on the ground.  There's no glass out there anyway.  It makes me not want to have to go outside though if things are flying around.

Emily texted and said their power was out and that Katherine was terrified, so she lit a lot of candles and put them in the tub for a spa night.  I just now got this cozy picture.

Katherine's description:  Mimi, it's dark here.  All the light is gone.  We were just putting our dirty clothes in the hamper when it got so dark.  I was scared and cried a little bit, but then Mama used her phone flashlight to show us how to get out.  Now we have about 20 candles and a fire and are making snowflakes to hang up.  And we got in the tub and used a bath bomb

Find the kitty.


I took this yesterday when she was chasing her tail in the cat tower.


I just remembered this paper that Graysen brought home from school this week.


Katherine and Makenna loved their Valentine hair ribbons - slightly seen here.  Graysen came home from school and make her another one since she had two pigtails today, but I don't have a picture.


The three girls played nicely and let Emily and me have another grownup conversation, if planning a trip to a toy store and Michael's Monday is grownup talk.

This is what I found when they left.  I didn't mind cleaning it up since Makenna's Mom showed up, and they had to hurry and leave.  I love that they have a place to be creative.  Life is short, and I know how much I would have loved having half those things to play with when I was their age.



I felt someone watching me this morning when I dropped Katherine off in the barn and looked over the fence.  I think this is Lambkin, but the two sheep look just alike, so I'm not sure.  He loves to have his head scratched in spite of his serious look.


I didn't lose power but lost my internet for 3 hours.  I spent most of that time reading this:

The Immortalists by [Benjamin, Chloe]

It started off slowly but is well-written and interesting.  Four siblings are told by a fortune teller as children the dates of their deaths, and their four stories are told one by one.  Very different!

No comments:

Post a Comment