Friday, February 7, 2020

Getting into the Valentine Spirit

About time too with only 7 days left.  I had admired some hair ribbon elastics that Millie had given the girls for Christmas and figured I could craft something similar for Valentine's Day.

I had a good many pink and red ribbons in my stash, but most of them were boring, so I ordered a box of just Valentine ones from Amazon, and it didn't disappoint.

This was my very favorite.  So different and pretty.



I ended up with this selection when I combined them all.


I noticed that the original ones had a neat glued finish, but I really didn't want to go to all that trouble, so I laid out maybe 6 or 8 ribbons cut 12 to 18 inches long.  I figured I could trim and also add more as needed.

I took half of them and tied them in a double knot onto the hair elastic.  I had both black and white elastics but chose the white for this project.


Then I took the rest and tied them all together on top of the other set.

It's just too easy, but I think it's a cute little accessory for them to wear this week.


I made one for Katherine's friend Makenna who is coming over today, so I made 3 in about 10 minutes.


I'll give them a chance to add more ribbons as they want to.

I just love the look of them all mixed up.


That was my trip to the sewing room today, but I will work on the quilts this weekend!

No comments:

Post a Comment