Wednesday, January 22, 2020

Nice Week So Far

Things are falling into place nicely.

Elise's work schedule is brutal with early mornings and 6 days a week, but I'm trying to figure out how to give her quiet afternoons when she gets home at 2:30.  I'm enjoying the house to myself every morning.  Neither of us minds living with the other, but there's just something about having an empty house.  She's now leaving me to-do lists!  Open the blinds for the plants.  Be sure the kitties have water. 


I think Layla is realizing that I'm not in the mirror, but Bowie is oblivious.  I love it that they're friends.

The girls were already dressed and ready this morning when I got there and were dying to draw, so they had about 10 minutes.  I took pictures of their new desks, and Graysen wanted me to delete the ones of her desk since it was so messy.  I notice that she's using Katherine's instead of hers.


They have such a nice area for desks and art projects in their upstairs common area between the bedrooms.


Graysen's area.


Katherine's.  It's so nice to have a place to hang all the art they bring home from school.  And you know every piece is a masterpiece and needs to be displayed.


The rain continues relentlessly, but I made myself stop at the grocery store this morning where it's always friendly and cheery - and warm.  I just needed a couple of things, so bringing them in in the rain was not a mess.


I had just one book on hold in the library.


I haven't started it yet so went ahead and found two more just in case it wasn't one I could stick with. 

When we sat down to read some stories yesterday afternoon, Graysen took the first book and just read it to Katherine.  I don't think I'm quite out of a job yet, but it's a funny feeling.  I'm really proud of her.  She still prefers to be read to, and I need my snuggles.  Mrs. Kappen is reading them a chapter book every day after lunch, and she's so excited about it.  I haven't heard about Judy Moody books, but I wonder if it's more relevant to the times than the Ramona books.  Those are still my favorite, but I'll see about the Judy ones. 

I'm waiting to see if Emily is picking up after school so I'll know if I'll get an afternoon nap.  I think I'm turning into my mother and even drinking a cup of green tea right now.  I'll pass on watching Days of our Lives every afternoon though.

No comments:

Post a Comment