Friday, January 17, 2020

Good-Bye to the Snow

I've said it several times, but there's always more.  I think the forecast for the next week does not have ANY freezing temps and highs all the way up to 47!  I welcome the rain since I can get out in that.

Elise did an awesome job getting the car out this morning and even better job of getting it back in the parking place.  The guy in the next parking space has a huge truck that looks new and expensive, and I was holding my breath about her sliding into it.  It wasn't easy, but she persisted and put some sand under the back tires.  She even stopped at Safeway and brought home lots of groceries.  We were out of milk and kid's snacks and lots of other stuff, so she was welcomed home happily.

There was no school again today, so the girls stayed here all day.  We had scrambled eggs and pancakes for lunch, and they brought their own milk.  It was an easy day, but I won't be sorry to have school start again next week.  At least in the summer, we can get out and go run off some energy.  They did play pretty hard for a bit, dragging each other through the apartment and laughing, but mostly it was just Go Fish, cutting and coloring, Barbies, and ABC Mouse. 

I got a lot of little things done while they were playing and am ready for the weekend.  I hear we're having a sleepover Saturday night when Emily and Ryan go to a play. 

I hate to even mention this, but Elise just came in and told me it's snowing again.  Not much, and I don't even care because it's 41 degrees!

Maybe this will be gone this weekend.  I haven't been to the mailbox in a week.  The recycle bin will be overloaded.


No comments:

Post a Comment