Friday, September 27, 2019

Welcome Friday

It was really hard to wake up this morning, but the day has been great.  It was raining when I went to get the girls ready for school, but they were so cheerful and cute, it made the sun come out.

They were already dressed and had their teeth brushed when I got there.  I had been wondering if they still played with this little kitchen, since I'm not over there as much as I used to be.  And they were fully engrossed in mixing
pancakes and taking something out of the oven.  Graysen couldn't even reach the microwave when she got it, and she's almost too big for it.


Sorry I didn't get a better picture of this cute shirt, but she already had on her fleecy shirt over it.   It was Spirit Day at her school, and she decided to go with the Auburn one rather than the Seahawks one that is similar.  The sequins flip to a silver heart.  Her classmate Olivia had on one just like it except it was a Seahawks one.




Katherine also had the sequins going on too, but she was proudest of her cougar ears and tail, and that's going to the the base for her Halloween costume. 
 Emily is keeping her fingers crossed they won't change their minds before Halloween.





The closet in the background has two rows of hangers full of cute hand-me-downs from Graysen in very good shape plus several drawers of other clothes, and she does love them, but lately Graysen has been getting some new clothes since she's outgrown all the others.  Katherine is pretty good about it, but when she she saw the 3 pairs of new shoes and the sequin shirts this week, she kept saying, "No fair," very softly.  Poor baby.  Woes of the youngest child.

So today when Emily told me she was on the way to pick her up at school, I told her that Graysen and I had been to get a frozen yogurt and that she needed to take Katherine and buy her something new!  

Vanilla with candy pumpkins!


We had just been to the library where she picked out only chapter books or Easy Reader ones.  The one we started has NO pictures in it, and it's keeping her interest.  Granted, it's about magic ponies like Twinkle Star and Pinkie Pie, but she (we) plowed through two chapters before we got tired of it.  

It was a good day for us all.  I needed some alone time with Graysen, and I hope she enjoys our time together.  Emily had a great shopping trip with Katherine and blamed me for the $20 hat she had to buy along with a couple of unicorn outfits at the Gap.  She said that hat had "a lot going on, a LOT," but Katherine fell in love with it.  Once I saw it, I could see why.  I'll have to take a picture later, but it's a nice warm winter hat with a cat face and lots of embroidery and sequins.  I don't think she will have to be convinced to bundle up this winter.

I'm so glad I'm inside right now.  The rain held off all day, but it looked pretty dark when I was in the grocery store.


Graysen and I walked home from school and back to the library and downtown to the yogurt shop, and it was dry but really windy and getting colder by the minute.  She said, "I think today is the last warm day we're having this year."  Guess she overheard it on the playground.

By the time Emily got here to pick her up, we could pull out Mama's old expression and say, "It's hard-down cold," although I'm sure we've not seen anything yet.  There's already snow in the higher elevations around here, and it's supposed to be a rough winter.  I can't imagine much worse than the last one. The kids missed so much school they were still going until the middle of June.  I read today that we had only one day above 90 degrees this year, and we usually have four!  

It's a little scary outside right now with a big wind and a loud hailstorm.  So glad to be cozy inside.

2 comments:

  1. oh my goodness, where do you live. i am in MemphisTn and we had 2 days below 90,, 86 and 89. And not a drop of rain for ever a month! So may days with heat index in the 100's and sports delayed for heat. It's October tomorrow and we will be in the middle 90's for at least 3 more days! Talk about wanting some fall temps. Love reading about your girls..I have walked in your shoes but my grands are hitting early teens and preteens. they keep us going!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks! It's an exciting time, but I dread the teens and preteens. We're in Snoqualmie, Washington, and it takes a lot of getting used to, but it's coming. I love discovering new and different things. I've been hearing all about the heat this summer from all the states, TN, GA, SC, and FL. Be patient. Fall will be worth waiting for.

    ReplyDelete