Tuesday, June 25, 2019

Chilly Swimmers and Beach Pictures.

I'll be taking the girls to a swimming camp every morning this week, so I went along yesterday to learn the ropes.  Emily and I grabbed our Starbucks and headed to Si View Community Park.  Once we rushed in amid the chaos and got settled on the little bleachers, we had a great view of the little ones.



This sweet baby was not convinced of the fun.  She was cold and a little out of her league, I think.  They wanted to be in a class together, and I think it was too young for Graysen and too advanced for Kate.  And they were freezing.


She sucked it up, though, and managed okay.  They ran into Isabella who was there for her little brother's lesson, and it was fun seeing her.

We came home and had little pizzas and got ready to go to Issaquah for me to take a bunch of their outgrown clothes to Small Threads.

We had a nice package when we got home.  Ramona books!  We can never find them in the library, and they love them, so I got the first four for them.  I'm not sure it warrants THIS kind of reaction - but whatever.  I'm glad books excite them.



Kate looking for pictures - any pictures!



They were just the best on our errands and did exactly what they were supposed to.  We had to waste some time in the consignment shop while they looked over the clothes and things I took, so we "shopped" a little bit.  I knew we weren't going to add another item to their already-crowded closets and drawers, but it didn't keep them from zeroing in on every sparkly thing they could find.  In the toy section, I was looking at games and hoping to find Uno cards, but they hyperventilated over a huge bag of Shopkins figures, and so we came home with it.

We also got milkshakes at McDonald's, but unfortunately Graysen's vanilla one tasted like toothpaste.

A few more beach pictures.

We spent the night in the Apalach Motel after we arrived in Apalachicola while waiting for our house to be ready.  The girls played in the pool and enjoyed that, and then we stopped by the Appalachiacola Farmers Market, the very end of it, on the way to the island.

I think Emily and Ryan managed to pick up some fish and other food for lunch, and I bought all the tomatoes that anyone had left.  Plus snow cones for the girls.



Not many pictures.  We were tired and HOT and ready to get there.  I wish we could have been there earlier.

It's really a nice pool area.  We remembered it from two years ago.  The motel itself was great.  We had several conversations wtih the cleaning lady who gifted us many things before we left, including bubbles and body wash.

I had a room of my own and, even though I was exhausted when I got there, I didn't miss a little surprise on my pillow.  I thought it was a mint, but when I looked closer, I found this.  Thoughtful.






















We certainly weren't chilly on that particular day!

No comments:

Post a Comment