Saturday, March 23, 2019

Friday Again!

This has been a fast week, or maybe all weeks are fast nowadays.  Our hot and sunshiny weather is not going to last through the weekend, but it's still pleasant.

Ryan had an appointment this morning, so I went over and got the girls ready for school.  It's better than it used to be when they were so little and never wanted to wear the clothes you picked out for them, but there are other glitches.  Graysen wanted to look in her lunchbox and found that there was Paw Patrol mac and cheese, which I made yesterday and she decided she didn't like.  She wanted Goldfish instead.  I okayed it with Ryan and substituted one yellow thing for another.  Kate likes the mac and cheese, but she wanted Goldfish too.  And Graysen could only find two of her library books.  Good lesson about putting them in your bookbag the night before.  She'll be sad to get only two new ones to check out today, but she will hopefully remember it.

When we got to Rooster Valley, Katherine announced she didn't want to go to school.  I think she does that every morning, but when she got in and her teachers carried on about her overalls, she perked up.  And it was Walter's birthday, the school mascot.  He was having a doggie cake and treats for everyone, so it's going to be a good day.

This picture came from school this morning.  She had told us there were some baby chicks just hatched.


They went across the highway to visit the trains one day this week.

Katherine has little patience or interest in any of the kids except Porter.  She's in the orange stripes, and he's wearing the red shirt on the back row.  


I ran across this on the Casade View Facebook page.  Graysen and Shradda posing with Mr. Bob, the maintence man along with the rest of her class.



When I left there, I decided to walk and enjoy the morning.  I went about 6 blocks and turned around and came back, and it was so nice.


 This was at 9:15 a.m. but looks like sundown.  It wasn't dark at all.



It's daffodils and cherry blossoms right now and not much else.  I'll probably start seeing the nice forsythia in downtown Snoqualmie and the Japanese magnolias.

I'm not sure what I'll do this weekend.  Taxes are done and paid and fussed about.  My eBay selling is coming to a close.  Emily and I want to get together and decide what we'll plan for the girls this summer.  Maybe a dance camp one week.  They're looking for a tee ball group, but I think that's later in the summer.


Three whole days to do my own thing, whatever that is.

I think this is a compilation of about 3 days of photographs.  The days do run together.


Katherine and I walked down the street to the "wood" park while we were waiting to pick up Graysen on Tuesday.  Just simple fun all by herself.

Wood park because ...  Made of wood and trees.  Except it's not real wood.  Graysen figured that out last year and was a little mad about it being fake.















Graysen had early release for the last time, so I walked up and got her at 1:15 on Friday, and we walked down to the same park.  It's funny how much fun she had all by herself while I basked in the sun on a bench.













Elise is gone for the day to do some errands and the Win-Bins are away somewhere, so I'm free to read or go for a walk or whatever.  The book I'm reading now, The Golden Child, is a little plodding, but I'll probably finish it.

No comments:

Post a Comment