Tuesday, February 12, 2019

Still Nothing But White

 I can do nothing but go from window to window and see the same scenes.  I'd love to have more interesting scenes than the same old views from the apartment, but I'm kind of stuck here right now.

It's been days since I've gotten the mail, and I don't believe I will be checking it any time soon.


I love seeing fresh snow before anyone has walked on it.


 I'm babysitting Jack the spaniel for another couple of days, and I took this before he made his morning bathroom trip.  His mom told me last night that I could just let him run outside without his leash, and he would come right back.  I have to admit that was the scariest but most freeing thing I've done lately, to let him out the door to disappear and trust he would return.  The snow is up to his chin,  and he has long legs.  He just gallops along eating snow until he finds a proper spot.  And then he comes bounding up those stairs, ready to be warm.


This was last night before Kelly brought him over and before I swept the covered stairs.  According to my broom-handle mesurement, it was 8 inches on the landing.


 The wind has been blowing so hard it's causing deep drifts in places.


I

I think I'm glad I haven't traded cars yet.  I just hope this one will crank when I try it.


Just some pictures of the balcony.  It's covered and never gets wet when it rains.  Shows how hard the wind has been blowing.



Elise did the hummingbird feeder filling and the birdseed feast.  A lot of the birds come and linger awhile after they eat, leaving little birdie feet marks everywhere.
I think that's Elise's car between the buildings.  The city wanted all cars off the streets for the snow plow, but she had no place to park other than that.  We only have one parking spot, so lots of tenants here have to park at least one car on the street.



Jack is deciding whether or not to go out and chase a bird.  He just went out and ate a little snow and came back in.  He loves his warmth as much as we do.




 I took this yesterday afternoon when the snow blizzard started again.  It's nice to be in my warm sewing room doing what I want to do and still enjoying this scene.


I was productive too.  Ryan had sent over 5 pairs of pants for me to repair enough for him to wear to work in.  I did my best, but frankly he needs to let some of them go!


Under Graysen's direction, I made this pillowcase dress for her doll.  She picked out the fabric and the trim and was very pleased.  She can't tie bows yet, so I'll have to figure out what to do about that.


I've made 3 outfits for the dolls and am finding it very satisfying.


I haven't seen my babies in 3 days.  Schools are closed, of course, and I hope they're enjoying the snow.

I agonized over Emily getting home from New Orleans yesteday.  Her flight from New Orleans was delayed on Sunday night so that she would miss her Salt Lake City connection.  She had to leave early Monday morning to fly to Atlanta and then home.  I sweated it out, her getting to Seattle before the roads got bad, but she made it just right.  Afterwards, I was seeing notices of the roads being awful.


This morning, there is too much snow for the snow plows on the side streets (I didn't know that was possible), and the Parkway is too dangerous to drive safely on.  So, I think everyone is resigned to staying inside one more day and see if we'll get up to a melting temperature.  I do believe most people have had just about as much enjoyment over this unexpected treat as they can stand.  We're so lucky to still have power.  I heard Seattle is really suffering with power outages.

My plans today are to sew a little more, do some housework, and not much else.  If I know my family, they will all be over today, even if they have to use snowshoes.

Tomorrow is Graysen's birthday.  A big 6-year-old.  Her birthday party is Saturday at the Y right down the street.  Let's hope the weather cooperates for her, because she is beyond excited right now.

Tomorrow I will find the cutest pictures of her I can find as a contrast to what's going on outside.




No comments:

Post a Comment