Monday, February 4, 2019

Snow Day

The weather reports were spot on with their predictions.  I'm not sure anyone around here really thought it would snow, so it was a pleasant surprise when it did.  Before I went to bed, the grass and sidewalks were covered, and it was coming down pretty fast.




Layla and I opened the blinds to take a look this morning and found the hummingbird water frozen.  The little birds kept flying back to try it over and over but didn't linger, so I figured it was frozen solid.  I really didn't want to go out, but I decided to bring the feeder in and run hot water over it until it was drinkable.





Layla ventured out first.  She took about 5 steps forward and then ran back in, but then she got braver and went and stood under the hummingbird feeder.   When I got the water thawed, I showed Layla another window, and we waited.



It didn't take long before they were back and hungry.


I walked out on the landing to look down the stairs and figured I wouldn't be going anywhere today - or for several days.  I think the official reading was 8 inches.


Emily and the girls walked over and stayed awhile.  I'm not sure they're related to me when it comes to liking to get out in cold weather. Well, maybe Katherine is.  She didn't love it as much as the others did.  They tromped up the stairs and started shedding boots and clothing for me to put in the dryer.  

Here are some pictures from the walk over and playing in their yard.










I'm not thinking ahead too far.  I think school will be closed tomorrow, at least for the morning, but the bad thing is the temperatures aren't going up enough to melt the snow this week, and it might snow again Friday.  Just trying to stay warm.



No comments:

Post a Comment