Monday, February 18, 2019

Graysen's Birthday Party

The long-anticipated birthday party came on Saturday afternoon.  We were a little worried that the snow wouldn't be gone in time, and it wasn't completely but enough that there were only three cancellations.


I'm still not driving - or walking much outside - so Elise took me to Safeway to get the balloons.  As long as we got the big 6, the others were optional.  She only wanted valentine ones, but I happened to see a giant mermaid and another unicorn one.  The girls who worked there gave me a birthday special if I did this or that combination, and we ended up with a huge bunch of balloons.  It took Elise and me both to get them into her little car.  

The girls were both thrilled with them.



It was so exciting to see all her school friends show up, and there was a lot of hugging and yelling out names.  They were all classmates except for Camden and Branson, who are family friends.

As soon as 4 or 5 got there, the chasing around the table started, and that was tons of fun if you judged by the shrieks and laughter.  They did settle down to get some snacks before going into the bouncy room.


I stayed in the party room while they were bouncing and took some more pictures and just relaxed in the calm.   Lots of rainbows and unicorns.








I ended up with company though because Leland and Zander didn't like the bouncy house.  They are twins but in different classes, so Graysen only knows Leland, but since there were some cancellations, their mom went home and got Zander.  It may be Xander, I'm not sure, but they are the most charming and cute little boys.  We've walked home from school with them before, because they live in the same apartments I do.


The last thing their mom told them before she left was, "No more sweets."  We won't show her this cake picture.


These are some pictures of the sweet kids I met - and some moms and dads.





















Lot of blurry pictures, but they didn't actually sit still long.  And my camera is the worst.

It was such a good time.  Emily and Ryan planned well and did a great job.  Birthday parties are easy when you just have to show up.

I had given Graysen her gifts before the party, so they could leave them at my place and play with them over here.  The Lite-Brite was one of them, and then I made a choice I might regret - two actually.  Both gifts, I gave her two of so she could share with Katherine, and she was great about that.  This birthday has been hard on Katherine, having to wait another three months for hers.

The girls had got a Num Nom toy for Christmas and loved it, so I thought I would give the some more figures for it.  The only ones I could find were buried in slime, but all kids love it, so I thought I would try it.


 These are called Silly Shakes and look like little milkshakes.  There are six different flavors, or smells, from pineapple and watermelon to cupcake to vanilla butter, six in all.  Some had sprinkles in them, some had glitter, and some little marshmallow-looking things.











I did enjoy the slime too.  It smells delicious and is very soothing to play with.  It doesn't work when you get it in your hair though.  Ask Katherine.

I got my new phone today, and I hear it takes better pictures than my old one, so I'm hoping that's true.  It will be such a relief to be able to charge it without holding the cord at just the right angle to make a connection.  

Ryan went and got the phone and changed it over for me, so I kept the girls for awhile since they're out of school.  Elise said it was snowing earlier when she came home, but, again, I'm just ignoring that kind of crazy talk. 



No comments:

Post a Comment