Saturday, February 2, 2019

Finally February

I have no deep thoughts today except to mention that January is over.  It hasn't been bad.  No snow, very few sniffles from the children, few nights with freezing temps.  The nights are about to get much colder starting this weekend. I thought there was going to be snow Sunday and Monday, but the weather report shows nothing about it any more. 

I walked to get Graysen in the rain today.  It was not too cold and was a pleasant walk.  By the time, I went to pick up Katherine at 3:00, the rain was horizontal.  I was surprised to see all the kiddos out on the playground just running around like it was a beautiful day. 

Katherine:  I stomped in the mud puddles, and even have rain inside my eyes.


We got home and took off all her clothes and threw them in the dryer along with my shoes, and they were toasty in no time.  

I have a few pictures on my phone, so I'll put them here and see if I remember what was going on.

Yesterday was Emily's birthday, and the occasion called for a two-day marathon of making cards for her.  Graysen's first page said All About Momy.  We need to tell her to add that second M soon, but I'm enjoying her spelling lately.




Her birthday is February 13th, and Emily told her she could not discuss her birthday until it was February, so today she was full of plans.

Katherine has become very interested in "art" lately and draws the most complicated scenes which take forever to be explained.  Taking a deep breath, "And this is a rainbow and Mommy is looking for the rainbow, but it's night time now and Mommy has long hair and there's a white kitty sitting on that flower.  It's a big flower, and a kitty can sit on it.  On Totoro, there is a Cat Bus, and I would be scared to ride a Cat Bus."  


Graysen has been enjoying studying about Martin Luther King this week, and she drew this at home the other night.


My dealings with Geico are ended now, and they're sending me a check for repairs on my lovely car.  They didn't total it, and I'm glad, because now I can keep the money and donate it when I get another one.  I'll miss it a lot.  I don't really like breaking in new things, and having a new car and a new phone at the same time are going to set me back a little on my stress.  But worth it in the long run.



I captured this suspicious-looking character pumping gas for me the other day.  It's the only picture I took of the masked daughter.  Elise saved her money for several months to get Lasik surgery, and it has been pretty wonderful, she says.  


Once we found me a back way to travel to bring her home, I enjoyed the visit a lot, reading my book and drinking my latte from a machine in the waiting room.  There were cookies and brownies and protein bars and all kinds of drinks and chips for the patients and their families to enjoy.  I liked sitting there seeing all these people come out in their dark glasses and knowing they were going to enjoy their new eyesight.  So far, Elise is totally happy with hers. 

I'm all set to enjoy the weekend.  I have a new ironing board cover to try out, so I'm pretty excited. 

Layla's looking for her horse in the Shopkins stable.  She's taken most of the Polly Pocket clothes and carried them into other rooms for us.  They're rubbery and squishy, so it doesn't hurt to step on them, but it's not a really pleasant feeling. 




It's the weekend, and I'm going to have a cup of coffee and read until I can't stay awake any longer.  Life is hard!

No comments:

Post a Comment