Wednesday, February 20, 2019

Cinderella Dressed in Yellow

Graysen got a jump rope from her SD grandparents for her birthday and is making amazing progress.  When she brought it over yesterday, she could hardly get it over her head and could only jump one jump without tripping.  She and her Dad had a practice session last night, and when she got here this morning, she could jump about four jumps in a row.

Then I mentioned Cinderella.  The only words from the chant were Cinderella dressed in yellow, so we went to our wise friend Google to find out and found a few YouTube videos to watch.  She was beside herself.  At first, remembering the words threw her rhythm off, but it didn't take her long.  She was doing 10 to 12 jumps in a row within 30 minutes - and she has jumped all day.













Well, I published too soon while I was waiting for my pictures to appear on mynew  camera.  I'll have to come back and try again later.  It's a good phone, though, so far, and it's such a relief to not have the battery lose the charge so quickly.

I think I do have snow pictures too that I can now enjoy since it looks like it's not going to happen again - or at least as bad as it already did.

It seems like it will never melt.  This is the whipped cream look at the bottom of my stairs.  My car is still encircled with a fence of snow.


Out on the highway, it's so beautiful - if a bit dirty.  Some of these were of the elk fields, and I really wanted to see them today while I wasn't driving, but no luck.






Elise drove me to North Bend to renew my car registration and to the bank and to the library.  That  was nice, being chauffered around.  The icy roadsides made me nervous, but I tried not to show it.

I got a nice John Grisham book from the library, The Reckoning, and it's really good already.  I forget how much I enjoy his writing.  Elise even went in and checked my books out for me, but I was on my own at the DOL and the bank.

The girls spent the day with us today and had a pretty good time, I think:  Jumping rope, playing Chutes and Ladders, eating, drawing and coloring (a LOT), chasing Layla, and ending up watching Puffin Rock before Emily came after them.  It's been awhile since I've had both of them all day, but Winter Break is here, and we have two more days.

This cat thinks she's a person. Elise even let her spin the wheel when it was her turn.






The rhyme is:  Cinderella dressed in yellow, went upstairs to kiss her fellow, Made a mistake and kissed a snake.  How many doctors will it take?  At least, that's the version we heard.


No comments:

Post a Comment