Monday, January 7, 2019

Weather

We've had two days of high winds but nothing like the Seattle area.  I love the wind when I can be inside, but thousands of people have been without power, and there's been a lot of damage and trees falling.

Last night Emily texted and said it was snowing.  I would have missed it.  She wanted to tell me Ryan called the flakes cat-head flakes because they were so big.  He loves to collect Southern sayings, like cat-head biscuits and comin' up a cloud.  I looked out, and it was pretty and had just covered the ground, but an hour later when I looked, it had stopped.  It was nice not to have ice this morning.

It looks like Layla is looking for some more snow, but the sky is pretty blue today.



She can't judge the neighbors for leaving their Christmas lights up too long, because I'm not taking mine down.  Neither are the neighbors across the street.


The apartment looked so warm and cozy yesterday afternoon.  I wish I knew what kind of chair I wanted to replace that flowered loveseat.  Right now, it's not bothering any of us.

I went out to the library and the post office and lingered to talk to a neighbor with her dog, and that was enough outdoors for me.  Came home to eat leftovers for lunch and read some.

 This book is okay.  It's a mystery set in Scotland.  I'll probably finish it tonight.








The Liane Moriarty book was as good as I hoped it would be, and I have two more that I picked up today but too lazy to go find out what they are.  One is an Elin Hilderbrand one.  She usually writes about the beach, so I'll have to see how that goes.

So just a normal Monday but without the girls.  Ryan is going to start taking them to school most mornings, and I'll only pick them up 3 or 4 afternoons.  That's just about the right amount of time, and I'll try to have some interesting snacks and fun things to do after school.  Graysen starts a sculpting class on Tuesdays after school, and I can't wait to see what that involves!

I'm going to go tackle the hall closet now and see what I can find.



No comments:

Post a Comment